Replacing the Battery
You do not need to remove the battery unless it is faulty. For example, a faulty battery might not charge, or might lose its power very quickly. Here are instructions for removing a faulty battery.
Removing the battery
- Shut down the XO by going to the Home View, clicking the XO icon, and then clicking Shutdown.
- Close the lid, and turn the XO over, so that the XO logo is on the underside.
- Slide the right-hand side catch further to the right. It does not come off.
- Slide the left-hand side catch further to the left. Note that this catch is spring loaded so you must hold it in the desired position.
- Lift the battery out from the central indentation between the two catches.
Locating a battery for replacement
Refer to wiki.laptop.org/go/Directory_of_repair_centers to get to the most recent directory of repair centers, and ask for a replacement battery for your XO.