The user subscription object is set at the beginning of the main template based on the session cookies, or if the Login action took place. It can not be initialized by other Newscoop functions. The subscription object has the following properties:
- identifier: the subscription identifier in the Newscoop database
- currency: the currency identifier
- type: one of the following values: "trial", "paid"
- start_date: returns the start date of the subscription
- expiration_date: the expiration date in the format "yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss"
- is_active: true if the subscription was active
- is_valid: true if the subscription was active and did not expire
- publication: returns the publication to which the subscription was made
- has_section(<section_number>): returns true if the subscription included the given section
- defined: true if the subscription object had a valid value