How to work with holidays
The repayment schedules that you set up can be interrupted by holidays. If you have the appropriate permissions, you can add holidays for your organization and set the rules for when repayments ordinarily due on that due will actually be due.
Note: You may not delete a holiday once you have added it.
- Click Admin > Define New Holiday.
The following screen appears.
- Enter information using the descriptions in the following table:
Field Description Example Holiday name The name of the holiday Tet From Date The first day of the holiday 04-08-2010 To Date The last day of the holiday 05-08-2010 Repayment Rule
If repayments are due during the holiday, how to calculate when they are due afterward. Choices are:
- Same Day: no change to repayment schedule
- Next Meeting/Repayment: payment due that falls on this holiday is now due at the next scheduled repayment date
- Next Working day: payment is now due on the next working day
Next Meeting/Repayment Applies to You may mark the name of Branch Office to which a new defined holiday should be applied. MyOffice1
- When you have specified holiday details, click Preview to review them.
- If you want to change details of the holiday, click Edit Holiday, make the changes, and click Preview again.
- When you are satisfied with the details of the holiday, click Submit. (If you decide not to create a new holiday at this time, click Cancel.)
Click Admin > View Holidays. From here, you can click Add a New Holiday if you want to create a new one; follow the instructions above.