How to view and edit question groups
View Question Groups lists all question groups created with the workflow to which it is applied. Because a question group can be applied to multiple workflows, a question group may be listed multiple times.
To view a question group:
- On the Admin tab, click View Question Groups under "Manage Questions."
- In the "View Question Groups" page that displays, click on a question group to view.
- The question group page opens and displays the following:
- The question group name
- The applicable workflow(s) to which it belongs
- Whether or not the response is editable
- Questions within the question group, whether or not the question is mandatory, and the status of the question (active or inactive).
Note: To view a question, click on the question. To edit a question, refer to "How to view and edit a question."
To edit a question group:
- Click Edit on the page for the displayed question group.
- In the "Edit Question Group" page that displays, the user may:
- Change the question group status.
- Edit the question group title.
- Specify the workflow to which the question group applies
- Specify whether or not the question group responses will be editable.
- Add a new section to the question group.
- Add an existing and/or new question to an existing or new section.
- Specify a question as mandatory or not mandatory.
- Change the order of questions.
- Remove a question.
- To change the status, click on the corresponding radio button. By default, the status of the question is set to "Active."
- If the section heading is left blank, questions that are added are posted under the "Misc" section.
- Section headings cannot be edited.
- Within a question group, a question cannot be a part of more than one section.
- To mark a question as mandatory, click the "Mandatory" checkbox.
- To change the order of a question, click the up or down arrow beside the question.
- To select an existing question, click Select from list of existing questions:
- Type the question name in the "Selected Questions" text box. When the desired name displays, click the checkbox beside the name.
- Use the scroll bar or the up and down arrows on the question name menu box to locate the desired name. When the name displays, click the checkbox beside the name.
- To add a new question, click Add new question. (Refer to "How to add a new question.")
- To add a new section heading:
- Enter the new section title in the "Section Heading" text box.
- Click Select from list of existing questions and select a question (or questions) from the "Select Questions" menu; click Add new question to create a new question.
- Click Add Questions to post the new section heading and questions.
The following graphic depicts the "Edit Question Groups" page with a new section title and two existing questions selected.
The following graphic depicts the "Edit Question Groups" page with the new section title and two existing questions posted.
- To remove a section heading or a question, click Remove. (Clicking Remove at the section heading level, removes the entire section including questions)
- Make the desired changes.
- Click Submit to save the changes or Cancel to discard the changes.
- If Submit is selected, the changes are saved and the user returns to the selected question group's details page. The changes are reflected on that page. If the status is changed to inactive, the status is displayed on the "View Question Group" page.
- If Cancel is selected, the changes are discarded and the user returns to the selected question group's details page. None of the changes made are saved.
How to manage role based permissions for Question Groups
User has ability to manage role based permission after creating a new Question Group. The additional permission for new Question Group is automatically created, so there is a possibility to grant access to this Question Group only to certain users.
To manage Question Group permissions follow those steps:
1. Once the new Question Group is created (in this case "QGTest"), click on ‘Admin’ tab.
2. Click on ‘Roles and permissions’ under Manage organization section.
3. Choose a role, which you want to edit.
4. Under Configuration Management section there is 'Can Edit question groups' checkbox.
5. Under this checkbox there is a list of available Question Groups.
6. Check checkbox next to the Question Group, if this QG should be available to edit by this role.
7. If you uncheck checkbox, then user with this role will be unable to edit this Question Group and he will see 'Access Denied' page.