How to import new loans accounts
Loan accounts import functionality enables users to automatically create in Mifos a large number of loans using .xls file. First, you need to prepare .xls file, using template (you can download it from here).
Following table explains the content of columns:
|Account number||Loan account global identification number must be unique, otherwise you will see error during import.|
|Customer Global ID||Number of customer must exist in the Mifos system.|
|Product name||Name of loan product which will be used as a base for new loan account. Product must exist in the system.|
Allowed values are:
|Cancel flag reason||
Explain the reason for canceling account.
Allowed values are:
||Loan amount must conform to loan product requirements and Mifos restrictions on decimal values.|
|Interest rate||Interest rate must conform to loan product requirements and Mifos restrictions on decimal values.|
|No. of installments||Number of installments must conform to loan product definition.|
|Disbursal date||Default date format is: D.MM.YYYY where D is day, MM is month (always two digits) and YYYY is year (always four digits).
Date must conform to loan product requirements, customer requirements and Mifos restrictions.
|Grace period||This column is mandatory only if loan products allows for grace period. Otherwise this column is ignored.|
|Source of fund||Must conform to values defined in Mifos.|
|Purpose||Must conform to values defined in Mifos.|
|Collateral||Must conform to values defined in Mifos.|
|Collateral notes||Must conform to values defined in Mifos.|
|External ID||Must conform to values defined in Mifos.|
If your excel file is prepared, then you can start importing loan accounts.
- Go to Administration page ("Admin").
- Click on link "Import Loans" link under ‘Manage Imports and Exports’ section.
3. System opens new page "Import Loans".
4. Select document with loans data (XLS Document) and upload it to Mifos server.
5. System parses uploaded document and shows how many rows were parsed successfully and which rows were not. Each row with errors has an explanation.
6. Click "Save" button to save imported rows if any of them were parsed successfully.