In this tutorial, you will learn how to create and play a Memorize activity matching English numbers to French numbers. The tiles are grouped meaning all the English numbers are numbered '1' tiles while the French numbers are numbered '2' tiles. You will learn how to use the Pronounce text during tile flip along with adding plain text.
There is no preparation for this tutorial.
Launch a new Memorize activity. For further details about launching activities, refer to the Sugar manual.
Name the Game
- Click the Create tab.
- Type in a Game name.
- Click grouped game.
Insert Pictures and Text
- Type <English number> in Text box.
- Click Pronounce text during tile flip. Select <English> language from drop down list.
- Type <French number> in Text box.
- Click Pronounce text during tile flip. Select <French> language from drop down list.
- Click Add. The new pair of tiles are displayed on the left side.
Repeat steps until all pairs are added.
- Click the Play tab.
- Click Load game. The Journal opens.
- Click the file name. The Journal closes.
- Play game.
- To replay the same game, click Restart Game.