The media mover module is very flexible. It can be used to process files in many ways.
In this example we are going to take a video file process it with ffmpeg and then reattach it to the mode as a CCK file.
Media Mover module
Media mover does the video conversion in a set of stages. Each stage processes new nodes with video attachments.
Media mover rules should be weighted so that they run in order. This will allow nodes to be made public only when all content has been processed.
Pass 1: convert video to standard format
Set up a media mover rule to do the following:
- harvest nodes with attachments
- attachments should have allowed video extensions
- exactly which extensions are possible will depend on your ffmpeg setup
- Process your incoming attachments to transcode video to flv
- store transcoded video in a cck file field on the original node
Pass 2: Create a thumbnail
- harvest nodes with video attachments - exactly as above
- process your video to create thumbnails
- store the thumbnail in a file field
- we had trouble adding to an image field !!! (current problem)
- Complete your processing by publishing your node and promoting to front page if you want
A screen shot of a completed template for Media mover is below.
There are setting by which you can alter the encoding of the files which are used by media mover.
The last stage is to reattach the processed video file back into the node. This is done with storage , below we are storing the end file in a CCK file field called Video (FLV format). This is then used as a base to diplay the video in a flash player on the page of the video.