ON THIS (4th) RELEASE
Usually we have a one-year-term between releases. But now, Csound6 has brought so many new features that we thought we should provide a new release - half a year after the last one, and shortly before the Csound Conference will take place in Boston. Although the main goal of this "small" release is to cover the most important new features of Csound6 (the usage of arrays, the on-the-fly recompilation, the new API), we have a number of new contributions in addition to them. To summarize:
What's new in this Release
- Chapter 02A Make Csound Run has been supplemented by install instructions for Csound6.
- Chapter 03E Arrays has been completely rewritten to cover the new array functionalities of Csound6.
- Chapter 03F has been renamed to Live Events and has been amended by a description of the new on-the-fly-recompilation feature of Csound6 (and CsoundQt).
- The chapter about Steven Yi's Blue (10 - Frontends) has significantly been enhanced by Jan Jacob Hofmann.
- Chapter 12A about The Csound API has been rewritten by Francois Pinot to be in concordance with the new Csound6 API.
- New chapter 12E Csound in iOS by Nicholas Arner.
- New chapter 12F Csound on Android by Michael Gogins.
- Martin Neukom has contributed a completely new chapter about Random (in the Appendix), as well as material for the chapter about Physical Modelling (04G).
Thanks to all the authors for their valuable contributions. It has been a pleasure to work with them and to read their texts.
If you want to have a look in previous releases, you will find them at http://files.csound-tutorial.net/floss_manual, as well as the csd files and the audio samples.
Hannover and Bruxelles, 30th september 2013
Joachim Heintz and Alexandre Abrioux