This chapter will help you to set up with CiviCampaign so that it enhances the effectiveness of your organization's campaigns.
First, you need to enable the CiviCampaign component.
- Go to Administer > Configure > Global Settings > Enable CiviCRM Components.
- Select CiviCampaign and click Enable.
Once CiviCampaign is enabled, it will show up as a new menu item Campaigns along the top of your CiviCRM screen.
Add a New Campaign Type
CiviCampaign provides three default campaign types:
- Direct Mail
- Referral Program
- Constituent Engagement.
To add a new campaign type:
- Go to Administer > CiviCampaign > Campaign Types.
- This will display a list of existing campaign types:
- Click on Add Campaign Type, and give the new type a label and a description (optional).
- Optionally, change the default weight: this affects the order in which this new event type appears in drop-down menus (smallest numbers appear highest).
- Click Save.
The next time you add a new campaign, this campaign type will be available to assign to your new campaign.
Assigning a status to your campaign makes it possible to update campaign activities in the database and track how the campaign is proceeding.
- Go to Administer > CiviCampaign > Campaign Status.
The default statuses are Planned, In Progress, Completed, and Cancelled.
- Click Add Campaign Status, give it a name and, optionally, a description.
- Changing the weight is not necessary but will affect the order in which this new status appears in drop-down menus.
- Click Save and the new status will then be availble to assign to campaigns.
CiviCampaign allows you to track an individual's level of interest/engagement in a particular activity. The Engagement Index can be recorded for general activities or actions, i.e. Send an Email, Meeting, Phone Call, Interview, and any additional custom activities/actions you create. To find out more about how to record an activity to an individual, see Contacts in the Organising Your Data section.
To configure the Engagement Index:
- Go to Administer -> CiviCampaign -> Engagement Index.
- Configure the engagement index as a number, e.g. 1 is a high level of engagement, and 5 is low level of engagement.